Friday, April 30, 2010

Brilliant New Sales Technique!!

I have discovered a sales technique that is going to revolutionize my
Real Estate business. Well, I didn't actually discover it. It was
used on me and I just can't wait to share it with my potential clients.

Now, I should probably back up a bit. In addition to being a Realtor,
I also help run Parker Electric with my husband, Jason. I do the
scheduling and the accounting. I am the first person our customers
talk to. Of course,there are always sales people calling trying to
sell one service or another. Usually it is a very straight forward
conversation. Sometimes I buy, usually I don't. Recently a new
strategy has emerged. It is brilliant.

It goes something like this:


"Hello, Parker Electric"

"Is Jason there?"

"No, I am sorry he is out on a job. How may I help you?"

"Yea, give me his cell number"

"May I ask who's calling?"

"Jim"

"What is this in reference to?"

"Look, just give me his cell"

"I'm sorry, I can't do that until I know what you are calling about"

"What are you, his Mother? He can't have a conversation unless you
say it's okay?"

"No Jim, I am his Wife, and an owner of this business. Now, what
do you want?"

"Listen, you stupid whore I don't care who you are. I don't want to
talk to some fu**ing bitch, now give me his cell number.

I have received 4 such calls in the last week. There are slight
variations, but the general tone is the same. Now I don't know
what genius came up with this sales strategy, but Einsteins got
nothing on this guy. It must have taken him months to perfect this
system. I wonder if he has a how-to video. Are the insults proven
deal closers, or can I go off script and still get results?

Well, I just can't wait to put this new discovery to the test.
So, don't be surprised if you receive a random call from an
arrogant, aggressive, insult-spewing woman.

It's just me - and I want to sell you a house!

1 comment: